So I'm sure most of you have heard what's happened to my little Carson but if not here's the story! So last Thursday I was outside with the kids and Carson crashed on his scooter. I didn't see what happened but he screamed like he was in a lot of pain. He walked over to me and then his body went limp and I caught him before he fell down. It was so scary! He didn't pass out but he looked at me and his left eye was just stuck, while the other one was moving. It was really freaky! So I took him home and he was in a lot of pain and I had called our pediatricians office to ask them if he could get a concussion. They said if he threw up more than once that we needed to bring him in. Well he threw up like 3 times that night so I eventually went to the ER. They did two cat-scans, one for his brain and then one for the eye. They told us both were fine and that he just had a scratch on his cornea. Well we went to an eye doctor the next day because he was still in so much pain. There was a specialist working that day and said he had a fracture and most likely would need surgery to fix it because he couldn't move his eye up or down. He told me we could wait a couple weeks when he came back and he could do it then. So I thought we were okay to wait but then later they tell me it needs to be done as soon as possible. So we almost planned a trip up north to have him do the surgery. Well my pediatrician referred me to Dr. Patell, a different surgeon that comes to St.George once a month. He will be here Monday so I called to see if he could do it then. I kind of got the "run around" though and they didn't want to just take us away from the first doctor and different things like that. Well today I finally talked to Dr. Patell and he said he could do it Monday and he could help us out with the cost because we don't have insurance. So anyway, sorry for the long story but I'm just relieved that something is set-up and he will be taken care of soon. It's been so hard for me to see him in so much pain and not be able to do anything for him! He has been doing better the past couple of days but he still can't look up or down, its kind of creepy! They also said he would be nauseous until the fracture was fixed. I just feel so blessed and loved by everyone that has helped out or called to express their love. I also want Leslie to know how much I've appreciated her help, she did SO much, I can't even list everything because it would take too long! It's been an emotional past few days and I know I couldn't have gotten through it without prayer and good friends and family. I will update again on how the surgery goes!Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Poor little guy :(
So I'm sure most of you have heard what's happened to my little Carson but if not here's the story! So last Thursday I was outside with the kids and Carson crashed on his scooter. I didn't see what happened but he screamed like he was in a lot of pain. He walked over to me and then his body went limp and I caught him before he fell down. It was so scary! He didn't pass out but he looked at me and his left eye was just stuck, while the other one was moving. It was really freaky! So I took him home and he was in a lot of pain and I had called our pediatricians office to ask them if he could get a concussion. They said if he threw up more than once that we needed to bring him in. Well he threw up like 3 times that night so I eventually went to the ER. They did two cat-scans, one for his brain and then one for the eye. They told us both were fine and that he just had a scratch on his cornea. Well we went to an eye doctor the next day because he was still in so much pain. There was a specialist working that day and said he had a fracture and most likely would need surgery to fix it because he couldn't move his eye up or down. He told me we could wait a couple weeks when he came back and he could do it then. So I thought we were okay to wait but then later they tell me it needs to be done as soon as possible. So we almost planned a trip up north to have him do the surgery. Well my pediatrician referred me to Dr. Patell, a different surgeon that comes to St.George once a month. He will be here Monday so I called to see if he could do it then. I kind of got the "run around" though and they didn't want to just take us away from the first doctor and different things like that. Well today I finally talked to Dr. Patell and he said he could do it Monday and he could help us out with the cost because we don't have insurance. So anyway, sorry for the long story but I'm just relieved that something is set-up and he will be taken care of soon. It's been so hard for me to see him in so much pain and not be able to do anything for him! He has been doing better the past couple of days but he still can't look up or down, its kind of creepy! They also said he would be nauseous until the fracture was fixed. I just feel so blessed and loved by everyone that has helped out or called to express their love. I also want Leslie to know how much I've appreciated her help, she did SO much, I can't even list everything because it would take too long! It's been an emotional past few days and I know I couldn't have gotten through it without prayer and good friends and family. I will update again on how the surgery goes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
Good luck! I hope everything goes well!
I've snooped and found your blog. I hope you dont mind. Its so hard to see your kids hurting and feel helpless. Hope things go okay.
Bummer! for some reason I haven't been able to log onto your blog until today....which made it fun to catch up! your boys are so cute & you guys do so many fun things!
We love you Carson and we hope you feel better soon!!! Keep us posted on how the surgery goes!!! Wish we could be there to support you but we love you and we are praying for our sweet cousin!!!!
Sandy hope the surgery goes well and that he is back to normal soon! You guys are in our thoughts! Let us know if you need anything at all!
SO glad the surgery is finally SCHEDULED!!!!
Good luck between now and then, and after too! Hopefully things get back to normal soon. In the meantime, know that I'm here for ANYTHING! :-)
Poor little man! Good luck!
When I was working in Ogden at an eye clinic, I saw something similar to this. I'm sure they told you, but it sounds like one of his eye muscles is caught in the fracture. That's why he isn't able to move it. When the little boy in Ogden had the surgery, everything went great, and the boy was back to normal pretty quick. Poor Carson! I'm so sorry!
Sandy...Oh my gosh! I saw your post on facebook and I wondered what was wrong. I am so sorry to hear about poor Carson! I have my fingers crossed and hope everything goes perfectly so he can be out of pain! Hang in there!! Good luck!
We are so sorry that Carson has to gothrough such a bad thing. Poor guy. We are praying for you and we will continue to do so. We miss you guys too!
Gosh Sorry you had to go through all that! I hope the surgery goes well for him..keep us updated! You're in our thoughts and prayers for sure!
That is so horrible! I'm so sorry that you have to go through this..poor Carson! I love to see you and your cute family and all the fun things you are doing. Love ya!
oh my goodness, I had no idea this happened. Is Carson doing OK? Is there anything I can do or the ward? Sandy, I am so sorry this happened. Please keep me updated.
You know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. I wish I could be there. I'm glad that you have so many friends to help you. He is a tough guy Im sure the surgery will go well and he will be back to normal and school soon!! We love you.
Sandy, I had no idea that this happened! I am so sorry! I am glad that everything worked out!
Post a Comment