Some friends in our ward invited us to go on a hike up through Red Cliffs. It was so pretty up there and the kids had fun hiking around and walking through the water. We got up towards the end of the hike and its a part where you have to climb up the side of small little mountain/hill but it's next to a big pond. Carson had taken his shoes off because its easier to climb up without them. He was just ahead of me and his shoe had slipped into the water and he was freaking out and trying to get it. He was pretty close and so I said to try and grab it. Well it was floating away, he was freaking out, I then tried to tell him to just let it go, and with all the confusion he slipped in the water right by the little waterfall (it was way small). Well I seriously don't know what was inside of me but I literally flew over the rock and reached down to pull him out of the water. It was SO SCARY!!! Both of my kids were crying and so scared but we managed to calm them down and they sort of started playing with the other kids. In the bottom right picture is Conner standing by the water a while after it happened. Anyway, hopefully that wasn't too confusing! It's hard to explain unless you see the little mountain and stuff. It was a scary experience but I know we were being watched over and I'm so glad something worse didn't happen. Overall it was a really fun day and we ended up having a big BBQ that night with everyone. I hope my kids aren't too traumatized and want to go back sometime!Friday, May 14, 2010
Red Cliffs
Some friends in our ward invited us to go on a hike up through Red Cliffs. It was so pretty up there and the kids had fun hiking around and walking through the water. We got up towards the end of the hike and its a part where you have to climb up the side of small little mountain/hill but it's next to a big pond. Carson had taken his shoes off because its easier to climb up without them. He was just ahead of me and his shoe had slipped into the water and he was freaking out and trying to get it. He was pretty close and so I said to try and grab it. Well it was floating away, he was freaking out, I then tried to tell him to just let it go, and with all the confusion he slipped in the water right by the little waterfall (it was way small). Well I seriously don't know what was inside of me but I literally flew over the rock and reached down to pull him out of the water. It was SO SCARY!!! Both of my kids were crying and so scared but we managed to calm them down and they sort of started playing with the other kids. In the bottom right picture is Conner standing by the water a while after it happened. Anyway, hopefully that wasn't too confusing! It's hard to explain unless you see the little mountain and stuff. It was a scary experience but I know we were being watched over and I'm so glad something worse didn't happen. Overall it was a really fun day and we ended up having a big BBQ that night with everyone. I hope my kids aren't too traumatized and want to go back sometime!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Scary! Glad everything was o.k. I'm looking forward to coming next time! :-)
How fun! we love red cliffs!
Post a Comment